Saturday, March 3, 2012

Robbie and Bobby

Robbie and Bobby


Stepping Out

Posted: 02 Mar 2012 12:35 PM PST

A robot and his giant boy.

STAPLE!

I stayed up all last night getting ready for STAPLE!, so please accept this pen drawing as a consolation for my lack of a normal update today. (I think a polished version of this would make a nice cover for the next book–what do you think?)

This is my first year I’m able to exhibit at Staple!, and especially for this momentous occasion, I made some 1″ buttons, and a new two-color shirt design inspired by Robbie. And of course, the new book will be at my table as well! I’m at table #8, with Austin Bedell of Skweegie Island.

Next door at table 9, is Chris Sweet of Effin’ Decaf, and Zach Taylor of Bear Quest.

At table #34 is Glade Hensel of Glademade and her husband, Mark P. Hensel of HyperCastle. While you’re in the area, hit up table #31-#33, home of The Calvary Press, edited and published by Ao Meng.

In the other exhibit hall are Melinda Tracy Boyce and Aaron Whitaker of Gingham Ghost. Besides all these fine folks, there are of course many other amazing cartoonists and artists to meet too, so check out the full Staple! exhibitor listing.

Ahhhhh! I’m so excited! The lack of sleep won’t kick in for awhile, so I’m going to coast on this wave of enthusiasm all the way into Austin. Hope to see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment